As you can see by the various dates on the previous posts, it’s been a while since my last post. Lots of reasons, some understandable, some a little odd. But hopefully, with the water of the previous two years gone under the metaphorical bridge, we can resume some more regular service.
Believe it or not, the last 2 years have been difficult, to say the least; I won’t bore you with the details but suffice to say it was unpleasant. Let’s just leave it at that and move on.
However, during the late unpleasantness, I kept busy. I found the time both horrible and uplifting simultaneously. On the positive side, I painted vast amounts of figures and reconnected with old friends in a meaningful way via modern technology.
To my credit, I removed large amounts of figures from the “Cupboard of Shame” and converted them into armies that now sit on shelves, ready to grace the tabletop with their presence. During the various lockdowns and restarts, I painted the following:
- An entire Fields Of Glory Napoleonic British Peninsular force (photos to come)
- An extensive Sharp Practice French force for the French and Indian Wars – all 3d printed (pictures to come)
- I finished my ADLG Carthaginian army, which had been sitting stalled for 18 months prior
- Completed a Late Republican Roman force for Infamy Infamy – partially 3d printed
- Painted about 300 18mm French infantry and Cavalry for a Franco Prussian War project
- Printed and Painted a Celtic Hillfort.
- Painted my 28mm French Infantry for Sharp Practice (these had been in the cupboard for about 2 years)
Anyway, the point was that when life hands you lemons, make lemonade.